The specialty patient journey is often complex, costly, confusing, and controversial. Barriers throughout the journey may stand in the way of optimal patient outcomes, timely access to medications, and patients’ ability to pay for their medications. Speakers will summarize what is known about the specialty patient journey from the literature and provide case stories to illustrate some of the frequent roadblocks. Finally, we will advocate for recommendations to simplify and streamline the specialty patient journey.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Identify roadblocks such as insurance, financial toxicity, practice model, and restricted networks as discussed in current literature.
- Describe the potential impact of roadblocks on patient outcomes.
- Summarize best practices described in the literature to navigate the patient journey.
- Discuss examples of case stories that illustrate roadblocks in the specialty patient journey.
- Lists ten recommendations to streamline and simplify the specialty patient journey.
- JoAnn Stubbings, B.S.Pharm., MHCA, Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Services, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL
- Rebekah Anguiano, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP, Clinical Coordinator, Specialty Pharmacy Services, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL
- Lisa Kumor, Pharm.D., BCACP, Accreditation and Residency Coordinator, Specialty Pharmacy Services, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL
- Fiona Costello, Pharm.D., PGY-1 Specialty Pharmacy Resident, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL
- Michael Gannon, Pharm.D., CSP, Business Coordinator, Specialty Pharmacy Services, Clinical Instructor, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-19-555-L04-P/0204-0000-19-555-L04-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email email@example.com.