Technologies exist that are capable of analyzing vast amounts of data and using it to perform various functions from automating a task to predicting an outcome. Artificial or Augmented Intelligence (AI) is a way to use this information to enhance human decision making. There are a myriad of applications of this in healthcare but a lot of misconceptions as well. The explosive growth in digital health and the challenges with cost-effective delivery of healthcare today suggests that AI-based technologies may lead to a paradigm shift. Pharmacy leaders must understand this field in order to decide if, how, and when to embrace it. This webinar will explore some of the opportunities these new technologies provide, ethical and legal concerns that exist, and implications for managing a pharmacy practice.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Explain what machine learning, a form of AI, is and is not.
- Describe the opportunities for pharmacists and others to advance AI for pharmacy.
- List and describe challenges that make machine learning and AI difficult to implement, especially in clinical practice.
- Allen Flynn, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Informatics for Learning Health Systems, Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Daryl Schiller, Pharm.D., FASHP, BCPS-AQ ID, Director of Pharmacy Services, Montefiore Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-20-003-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders and the Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.