This webinar will describe the ASHP-PPAG Guidelines for Providing Pediatric Pharmacy Services in Hospitals and Health Systems. It will provide an example of how these guidelines were used to evaluate and improve pediatric pharmacy services in an adult hospital emergency department. It will also describe hospital and financial barriers to improving these services.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- List the American Society of Health-system Pharmacists (ASHP) - Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group (PPAG) (ASHP-PPAG) standards for pediatric pharmacy services.
- Explain interventions which can improve pediatric pharmacy services in an adult emergency department (ED).
- Describe barriers to improving compliance with the ASHP-PPAG guidelines.
- Melissa Heigham, Pharm.D., M.H.A., BCOP, BCPPS, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Nancy C. MacDonald, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#:0204-0000-21-039-L04-P ).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.