Join us as we host John D. Grabenstein, RPh, PhD, FASHP, FAPhA, discuss what the near future may hold in terms of emergency use authorizations (EUAs) for one or more SARS-COV-2 vaccines to help prevent COVID-19. John was a part of the very first EUA involving the anthrax vaccine in 2005, and has been closely monitoring the trials of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine candidates throughout 2020. We will discuss what a likely EUA would mean and what information is still needed for licensure, the makeup of the approaching vaccines, the distribution campaign, and standards for mass-immunization programs. The webinar will help you make informed decisions for yourself, your patients, your teammates, and your organization as rollout of these novel vaccines begins.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Describe EUA status in regards to COVID-19 vaccine access.
- Describe how clinicians should handle EUA differently than licensed vaccines.
- Identify characteristics of leading vaccine candidates, including supply chain management considerations.
- List resources for tracking additional COVID-19 vaccine candidates.
- John D. Grabenstein, RPh, Ph.D., FASHP, FAPhA, Editor, Immunization Action Coalition, President, Vaccine Dynamics
- Eric Maroyka, Pharm.D., BCPS, Senior Director, Center on Pharmacy Practice Advancement, ASHP
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-20-047-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
For questions and comments, please email [email protected].