Networking can be a very intimidating process for many professionals, including students, technicians, and those young in their professional careers. Many new practitioners, pharmacy students, and pharmacy technicians have expressed that feeling of “networking intimidation”. There is a definite need to shed light on the importance of networking within the pharmacy profession and provide information regarding the necessary skills to be successful in networking environments. Through this session, attendees will see the value and enjoyment of networking, take away networking tips, and gain better understanding how networking can be an important tool for successful career growth.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Describe the importance of networking for pharmacists, pharmacy students, and pharmacy technicians.
- Identify and recommend tips for successful networking to improve career trajectory.
- Discuss strategies to develop appropriate networking skills needed for successful career growth.
- Stephanie Bethay, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS, Director of Pharmacy, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, Hardin Medical Center, Savannah, TN
- James Blackmer, Pharm.D., M.S., M.P.A., Operations Manager, Adult Inpatient Pharmacy, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-19-551-L04-P / 0204-0000-19-551-L04-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP New Practitioners Forum is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.