Vaccinating against the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a highly anticipated countermeasure to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) global pandemic. Mass distribution, allocation, and administration of hundreds of millions of doses of vaccine will require extraordinary planning and execution. While mass administration of the COVID-19 vaccine will be unprecedented, there are best practices and lessons learned in pandemic preparedness, supply chain management, distribution, and clinical practice to guide us as we immunize against SARS-CoV-2. This webinar will address key questions and concerns related to the distribution and access to vaccines and review tools and resources available from ASHP to assist in preparing for COVID-19 vaccine approval and allocation.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Identify tools and resources regarding the highly anticipated COVID-19 vaccine(s).
- Discuss opportunities to improve vaccine allocation, distribution, and administration.
- Describe strategies for the pharmacy workforce to effectively use and implement the vaccine assessment tool.
- Anna Legreid Dopp, Pharm.D., Senior Director, Clinical Guidelines & Quality Improvement, ASHP, Bethesda, MD
- Kaitlyn Grieves, 2021 Pharm.D. Candidate, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy, Lexington, KY
- Moderator: Bayli Larson, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS Strategic Initiatives Associate, ASHP, Bethesda, MD
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-20-040-L04-P, 0204-0000-20-040-L04-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
For questions and comments, please email [email protected].