ASHP has been committed to supporting the well-being and resilience of the pharmacy workforce for decades. We have been even more focused on supporting members the last few years given recent evidence and impact of burnout on patient safety and the healthcare workforce. During COVID-19, demands and stress on the pharmacy workforce have increased to an even greater extent. ASHP is planning several webinars that will give listeners tools and resources to cope during this time.
Leadership during crisis can be both challenging and rewarding. We have changed the way we work, learn, and live. We must be mindful of how we lead, connect to others, and care for ourselves. In addition to the COVID-19 pandemic, the racism pandemic must additionally drive leaders to action. Here we will talk about tools needed for leader and team resilience during challenging times.
No CE will be offered with this activity.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Recognizing the impact of the current health crises on the mental health and resilience of leaders
- Identifying actionable steps to address the psychological impacts of these events and improve resilience for individual leaders, families, communities, and teams
- Identifying leader qualities that matter during a time of crisis, as well as ineffective leader behaviors
- Discussing what a leader can do to build trust among staff in changing and challenging environments
- LTC JoEllen Schimmels, DNP, RN, PMHNP-BC, CNE, FAAN, Assistant Professor, Psychiatric/Mental Health, Nurse Practitioner Program, Uniformed Services University (USU), Bethesda, MD
- LTC Regina Owen, DNP, PMHNP-BC, Assistant Professor, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, Uniformed Services University (USU), Bethesda, MD
- LCDR Tarah B. Lewis, DNP, BSN, Assistant Professor, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, Uniformed Services University (USU), Bethesda, MD
- Anna Legreid Dopp, Pharm.D., Senior Director, Clinical Guidelines and Quality Improvement, ASHP, Bethesda, MD
- Christina Martin, Pharm.D., M.S., CAE, Director, New Practitioners Forum, Office of Member Relations, ASHP, Bethesda, MD
For questions and comments, please email [email protected].