Limited distribution drugs (LDD) and Payer network access continue to be a challenge for health-system specialty pharmacies. During this webinar, the speakers will describe best practices and strategies implemented at their institutions. The session will outline a framework and minimum requirements to have in place prior to engaging manufacturers and payers.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- List minimum requirements specialty pharmacies must have in place to gain access to limited distribution drugs and specialty network payer contracts.
- Discuss strategies specialty pharmacies can implement to be successful in gaining access to LDDs or payer contracts.
- Describe how specialty pharmacies can prepare for a successful access meeting with manufacturer and payer contracting partners.
- Denise Scarpelli, Pharm.D., Executive Director, Ambulatory Pharmacy Business and Development, University of Chicago Medicine
- Jodi Fredericks, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Director of Pharmacy Trade Relations & Business Development, Memorial Healthcare System
- Travis Hunerdosse, Director, Specialty Pharmacy Services, Northwestern Medicine
- Dusty Lewis, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Director, Pharmacy Business Development, Manager, Specialty Pharmacy, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Christopher Hvisdas, Pharm.D., Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Ambulatory Care, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-20-004-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Specialty Pharmacy Practitioners is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.