Delivering safe and effective patient care by optimizing medication use is foundational to the profession of pharmacy. However, the science of measuring and demonstrating the impact and outcomes of pharmacy services is still evolving. It requires strategic alignment within the healthcare system and the national quality agenda for patient health. This webinar will provide a framework for identifying and prioritizing process and outcome measures that will improve patient health while demonstrating value to internal and external stakeholders.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- List sources of measurement within and beyond the department of pharmacy.
- Discuss approaches for identifying meaningful measures to demonstrate the value of pharmacy and pharmacist services.
- Identify stakeholders throughout the measurement cycle for the purpose of capturing, benchmarking, and reporting measure outcomes.
- Explain how the ASHP Pharmacy Accountability Measures pseudocode resource can support implementation efforts for measuring and reporting outcomes on national quality measures.
- Tara N. Berkson, Pharm.D., BCACP, Regional Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services, Credena Health Specialty and Outpatient Pharmacies, Providence St. Joseph Health, Portland, OR
- Nick Schutz, Pharm.D., Pharmacy Informatics Specialist, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy, Minneapolis, MN
- Mary-Haston Vest, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, Clinical Manager, Analytics, Outcomes, and Impact, UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill, NC
- Moderator: Ryan Hannan, Pharm.D., M.B.A., PGY2 Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Resident, Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee, WI
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-20-017-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders, Section of Specialty Pharmacy Practitioners, and the Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.