This activity will provide the audience with knowledge about establishing services for diversion prevention in the pharmacy department. The webinar will be facilitated in a question-answer type format. Three panelists will answer and discuss the most common questions related to: regulatory requirements from the DEA and other organizational bodies, creation of a diversion prevention team, investigating diversion cases, and key characteristics of diversion prevention software. The panelists will share their experiences based on real-life challenges and provide lessons learned to others that may face similar challenges.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Explain the importance of adhering to DEA regulation
- Describe best practices for investigating diversion cases.
- Identify the key stakeholders who should participate in a controlled substance diversion and prevention oversight team.
- Janice Ahlstrom, FHIMSS, CPHIMS, CCSFP, RN, BSN, Director Healthcare Risk, Internal Audit and Cybersecurity Baker Tilly, Minneapolis, MN
- John Choi, Pharm.D., M.H.A., System Director of Pharmacy, Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA
- Sheetal Patel-House, Pharm.D., Pharmacy Manager, Controlled Substances Assessment Program
University of North Carolina Health, Chapel Hill, NC
- Carol A. Purcell, MSN, RN, CNML, Manager, Diversion Prevention Program, Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI
- MODERATOR: Ashley M. Ramp, Pharm.D., M.Ed., M.S., Inpatient Pharmacy Manager, Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-20-034-L04-P / 0204-0000-20-034-L04-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email email@example.com.