This presentation is intended to compare and contrast two robust medication management algorithms used by large health-systems to manage “complex medications”. During this presentation, the speakers will outline two medication management algorithms, apply the algorithms to two “complex medications”, and discuss similarities and differences between the algorithms.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Discuss the concept of “complex medications”.
- Identify institution-specific algorithms for complex medications.
- Given examples, describe the use of the medication-use management algorithm.
- Describe two algorithms for the medication-use management of “complex medications”.
- Emily Rodman, Pharm.D., BCPPS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX
- Laura B. Stokes, Pharm.D., M.S., Assistant Director – Inpatient Operations, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX
- Karen Williams, Pharm.D., BCPPS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Children’s Memorial Herman Hospital, Houston, TX
- Curtis Petty, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Director of Pharmacy, Children’s Memorial Herman Hospital, Houston, TX
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#:0204-0000-21-032-L04-P ).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.