Through this 1.5 hour continuing education program, participants will be introduced to the layered learning model. Operationalization of layered learning in an in person environment, with examples provided from each presenter’s practice perspective, will be reviewed before describing challenges of continuing this model in the virutal environment. Through case vignettes, the speakers will offer strategies and real-world examples of how to overcome overcome barriers of layered learning in both in person and virtual settings.
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Define components of traditional layered learning.
- Identify challenges to layered learning in in-person and virtual environments.
- Describe strategies for overcoming barriers and incorporating layered learning.
- Caitlin S. Prather, Pharm.D., AAHIVP, TTS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Inova Health System, Fairfax, VA
- Carol Rollins, Pharm.D., M.S., RD, BCNSP, FASHP, Clinical Professor, University of Arizona, College of Pharmacy, Tucson, AZ
- Jaime Rose Bobinmyer Hornecker, Pharm.D., BCPS, CDCES, Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy, Laramie, WY
- Moderator: Lauren Pamulapati, PharmD, BCACP, Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy, Richmond, VA
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#:0204-0000-21-011-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Section of Ambulatory Care Practitioners is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email [email protected].