This activity will review the phases of residency/job season to assist preceptors in preparation for the busy interview season. The presentation will be broken down into four sections: Midyear readiness, application season, candidate evaluation/ranking, and post-match. Each section will focus on key components in that season and will contain actionable steps that preceptors can use to manage each season. Core components include time management, readiness of the program and individual preceptors, the art of composing meaningful letters or recommendation, and how to efficiently evaluate candidates. At the conclusion of the session, preceptors will have the tools available to develop a plan for their upcoming residency season.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Describe the typical residency/job season for a pharmacy preceptor.
- Identify a time management skill to incorporate into your practice.
- List steps to develop a plan for the upcoming residency season.
- Nicole Clark, Pharm.D., MHA, BCPS, FMSHP, Clinical Practice and Education Manager MelroseWakefield HealthCare, Medford, MA
- Delia Carias, Pharm.D., BCPS, DPLA, Medication Use Policy Coordinator, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Sandeep Devabhakthuni, Pharm.D., BCPS-AQ, Cardiology Associate Professor, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD
- Indrani Kar, Pharm.D., Drug Policy/Formulary Specialist, University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-19-040-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Inpatient Care Practitioners is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email email@example.com.