This activity is planned in cooperation with the National Rural Health Association. USP Chapter <797> (provides standards for preparing compounded sterile medications) and Chapter <800> (provides standards for safe handling of hazardous drugs to minimize the risk of exposure to healthcare personnel, patients and the environment) were released on June 1, 2019 and will become enforceable on December 1, 2019. Hospitals with and without pharmacies must be in compliance with these standards. Learn more about these new standards and how to prepare.
Activity Fee: No Charge
Welcome NRHA members!
- Describe the United States Pharmacopeia chapters <797> and <800>.
- Identify the hospital services that are affected by USP Chapters <797> and <800>.
- Describe hospital departments and personnel that are impacted by USP <797> and <800>.
- List hospital personnel who should be involved in developing polices that comply with new standards.
- Patricia C. Kienle, R.Ph., M.P.A., FASHP, Director, Accreditation and Medication Safety, Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-19-095-L03-P / 0204-0000-19-095-L03-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Inpatient Care Practitioners is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.