The 2020 revisions to the ASHP/IDSA/SIDP/PIDS therapeutic monitoring for serious methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections encourages use of the Bayesian method as an approach to monitor in order to optimize vancomycin therapy while minimizing toxicity. This represents a significant change in practice and may have many wondering just what the Bayesian method is. Join us for a webinar to discuss the basics of the Bayesian method and for suggestions for how to implement it in your practice.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Discuss alternate approaches to calculation of the Vancomycin Area Under the Curve (AUC).
- Explain the rationale for using the Bayesian method for the therapeutic monitoring of serious methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections.
- Identify steps for transitioning from a monitoring approach using area under the curve over 24 hours to minimum inhibitory concentration estimates to the Bayesian method.
- Michael J. Rybak, Pharm.D., MPH, Ph.D., Professor of Pharmacy & Medicine, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Amit Pai, Pharm.D., Chair, Dept. of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, MI
- Anna Legreid Dopp, Pharm.D., Senior Director, Clinical Guidelines & Quality Improvement, ASHP, Bethesda, MD
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-20-041-L01-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
For questions and comments, please email [email protected]