The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) expanded its Hospital Without Walls to include an Acute Hospital Care at Home program. As of March 3, 2021 there are 48 systems, 109 hospitals in 29 states currently included within the program. This webinar will describe the experience of the Mt. Sinai Health System who was one of the first approved programs and share lessons learned on implementing and supporting the medication use processes for these acute patient populations.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
- Describe the CMS Acute Hospital Care at Home Program.
- Describe the areas of opportunity for pharmacy services to support Program.
- Discuss the compliance and operational lessons learned from pharmacy’s perspective.
- Donald S. Mashni, Pharm.D., System Director, Outpatient Pharmacy, Mt. Sinai Health System, New York , NY
- David Chen, R.Ph., M.B.A., Assistant Vice President for Pharmacy Leadership and Planning, Pharmacy Practice Sections, ASHP
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-21-024-L03-P, 0204-0000-21-024-L03-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders and the Pharmacy Executive Leadership Alliance – PELA® are recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email email@example.com.