This webinar provides attendees the opportunity to learn about important considerations and successful strategies to manage high cost drugs. The webinar will focus on key clinical, ethical, financial, and operational challenges in light of increased approval of novel and /or niche high cost medications. Attendees will be able to take home key strategies for implementation at their institutions.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
- Describe components of an effective high cost drug process for health-system formulary management.
- Discuss critical components for formulary evaluation of high cost drugs.
- List strategies to manage challenges associated with high cost drug management.
- Angela Collela, Pharm.D., BCPS, Drug Use Policy Pharmacist, Advocate Aurora Health, Milwaukee, WI
- Russell Findlay, Pharm.D., M.S., Pharmacy Manager, Support Services and Supply Chain, University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, UT
- Moderator: Rena Gosser, Pharm.D., BCPS, Clinical Ambulatory Pharmacy Manager, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-21-022-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Clinical Specialist and Scientists is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.