This webinar will help Pharmacy Informaticists better understand the basics of interoperability and health information exchange. Interoperability standards will be explored and how they are used to coordinate data across the continuum of care. Participants will see the importance of interoperability to provide timely and seamless information to optimize the health of individuals and populations globally.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Describe three levels of health information interoperability and exchange.
- Explain the importance of developing health informatics standards.
- Identify and describe commonly used health informatics standards.
- Scott Nelson, Pharm.D., M.S., CPHIMS, FAMIA, Program Director, MS Applied Clinical Informatics (MSACI), Assistant Professor, Biomedical Informatics, Assistant Clinical Director, HealthIT, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Dallas Moore, RPh, M.S., Director Pharmacy Informatics and Technology, Resident Program Director, Pharmacy Informatics, University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, UT
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#:0204-0000-21-018-L04-P, 0204-0000-21-018-L04-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.