Clinical applications and systems use medication data in various ways within the medication use process. Therefore, understanding medication data from its clinical utilization to its technical infrastructure is fundamental to pharmacy informaticists and analysts in order to support the medication use process. This webinar will help pharmacy informaticists and analysts better understand medication data, where it can be exchanged, how to identify medications within a data set, and mapping medication data to standards that support interoperable exchange of medication information across disparate clinical systems.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Describe commonly used medication standards.
- Explain various methods for medication data identification within a clinical data set.
- Describe the strengths and limitations of each method when operationalized.
- Scott Nelson, Pharm.D., M.S., CPHIMS, FAMIA, Program Director, MS Applied Clinical Informatics (MSACI), Assistant Professor, Biomedical Informatics, Assistant Clinical Director, HealthIT, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Anna Dreger, RPh, Clinical Information Pharmacist, M Health Fairview, Minneapolis, MN
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#:0204-0000-21-017-L04-P, 0204-0000-21-017-L04-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.