Since 1999, the Best Practices Award program recognizes outstanding practitioners in pharmacy who have successfully implemented innovative systems that demonstrate best practices in pharmacy practice.
A maximum of six pharmacy programs are recognized each year.
Criteria and Eligibility
Applicants must be ASHP members practicing in an acute or ambulatory care setting in the U.S., such as an ambulatory care clinic, chronic care, home health care, inpatient care, or outpatient pharmacy. More than one successful program from a health system may be submitted for consideration.
Applicants will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Originality and innovative nature of the program
- Significance of the program to the health system
- Demonstration of improvements
- Significance of the program to pharmacy practice advancement, and
- Quality of the descriptive report.
The deadline for manuscript submissions is August 17, 2020. We are accepting applications now for 2020. Click here to submit your application.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact:
Office of Member Relations