A national pharmacogenomics program implementation collaborative through which pharmacy leads adoption and implementation of pharmacogenomics services in health systems across the U.S.
What is the Pharmacogenomics Accelerator?
- National learning experience designed to catalyze the implementation of clinical pharmacogenomics in health systems through implementation science framework
- Combined effort between ASHP and University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
Improving the health of millions across the U.S. by personalizing medication therapies based on each individual’s pharmacogenomic profile.
- Catalyze pharmacy leadership in pharmacogenomics service development.
- Accelerate the design and implementation of comprehensive pharmacogenomics services that demonstrate value to stakeholders (patients, health systems leaders, payers).
- Create an environment that supports shared learning and celebrates successes of leading-edge organizations investing in pharmacogenomics services.
Who are potential participants?
Health systems seeking to implement or grow pharmacogenomics services. Pathways within the program will support two groups of participants:
- Program leaders or clinical practitioners assuming responsibility for pharmacogenomic program implementation.
- Clinical practitioners seeking to enhance baseline clinical skills.