PSF Executive Committee Member
How and why I became interested in being appointed to the Pharmacy Student Forum Executive Committee
When I began my career at The Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, I sought out a professional organization whose members shared similar career interests as myself and passion for patient focused pharmacy practice. As a second-year pre-pharmacy student, I joined our SSHP chapter. I began as an active member who attended meetings and helped others make their events and visions come to fruition, and have since held a variety of leadership roles within our chapter. My interest in ASHP at a national level began following a summer internship program I completed between my first and second professional year. I had the opportunity to visit ASHP and speak with individuals who were in the position to help advance the profession, and was inspired by their passion to do so. The Delaware Valley Society of Health-System Pharmacists (local chapter of PSHP) has served as an avenue for me to become involved at the local level, as well as at the state level through participation in the Practice Advancement Initiative (PAI) for Pennsylvania. Through the many opportunities afforded by ASHP, I realized the impact you can have as a student leader and future professional in the advancement of the profession. I am honored to serve as a member of the Pharmacy Student Forum Executive Committee and look forward to a successful year supporting my fellow SSHP members across the nation, advocating for the profession, and ultimately doing my part to help shape the future of pharmacy.
- Critical care, emergency medicine, infectious diseases, and research
- Leadership development
- Policy and legislative advocacy
How being a member of ASHP has assisted in my personal and professional development
As stated by one of my mentors I was fortunate enough to meet through The Philadelphia College of Pharmacy’s chapter of SSHP, “The dues you pay to your professional organization is the rent you pay to be a member of your profession.” Through ASHP I continue to have countless opportunities to develop my personal leadership skills, advocate for the profession, and to network with pharmacy leaders, new practitioners, and fellow student pharmacists at the local, state, and national level. I have learned the integral part that teamwork plays in the success of an organization and have been inspired by the dedication of others within ASHP to advance the profession. This organization has solidified by interest in health-system pharmacy and I look forward to sustained involvement as I continue on my professional journey.
Goals for the year as a PSFEC Member
- Expand and encourage student-member involvement and leadership in the organization
- Foster collaborative relationships and promote sharing ideas/successes between SSHP chapters through social media and other resources
- Enhance student awareness of and interest in opportunities to advocate for the pharmacy profession
- Encourage student-member involvement in the Practice Advancement Initiative (PAI) at the local, state, and/or national level to continue to advance pharmacy practice
- Develop collaborative working relationships with my fellow PSFEC members
Regardless of the season, the beach is my favorite place to be!