ASHP Members Invited to Comment on Proposed Professional Policies
Members are encouraged to comment directly on the policy proposals through ASHP’s Online Forum. Please go to www.ashp.org/ashponline/, and follow these instructions:
- Register in the system (if you are not already registered).
- Once in, click "ASHP Policy and Governance 2000." (Be careful here. There is a similar choice for 1999.)
- At the list presented, click on a council.
- That council's policy titles will be listed. Choose one that you wish to comment on.
- Then click "Post a new message to this thread."
- Compose your message, and click "Post message."
ASHP policies, which are established by members, signify what the organization stands for and how it fulfills its mission of helping pharmacists help people make the best use of medicines. This year, 35 proposals are before the House, including several to refine existing policies or discontinue outdated policies. Some of the most pressing issues in health-system pharmacy practice are addressed in the proposals, including the following issues:
- Shortage of pharmacists,
- Residency training,
- Pharmacist credentialing,
- Employment of certified technicians,
- Drug product shortages,
- Internet pharmacies,
- Dispensing by nonpharmacists and nonprescribers, and
- Medication-error reporting
To view the individual Council reports and proposed professional policies, click here:
- Council on Administrative Affairs
- Council on Educational Affairs
- Council on Legal and Public Affairs
- Council on Organizational Affairs
- Council on Professional Affairs