New Version of Datakinetics Improves Dosing Accuracy and Medication Safety
The use of DataKinetics with Report Writer helps decrease the risk of inaccurate dosing, improving patient safety. In addition, DataKinetics with Report Writer includes adult and pediatric dosing, graphical charting, and report writing capabilities. This product offers over 10 years of clinical credibility, making it a premier resource in achieving excellence in pharmaceutical care. Key features include:
- Improved stability and speed with Windows 95 functionality;
- Ability to conduct kinetic calculations for aminoglycosides (amikacin, netilmicin, gentaminicin, tobramycin), digoxin,
- Ability to calculate initial drug dosing levels, loading doses, and dosage adjustments based on previous drug levels and other concurrent drug usage;
- Computed age-specific creatinine clearance calculations utilizing Cockcroft & Gault, Jeliffe, or Schwartz equations; and
- Capability to modify and save reports into other formats for easy retrieval and printing.
For information about ordering DataKinetics for Windows with Report Writer, call ASHP customer service at (301) 657-4383. To get a free 30-day demo, visit the ASHP Software Web site at http://software.ashp.org.
ASHP is the 30,000-member national professional association that represents pharmacists who practice in hospitals, health maintenance organizations, long-term care facilities, home care, and other components of health care systems. ASHP believes that the mission of pharmacists is to help people make the best use of medications. Assisting pharmacists in fulfilling this mission is ASHP's primary objective. The Society has extensive publishing and educational programs designed to help members improve their delivery of pharmaceutical care, and it is the national accrediting organization for pharmacy residency and pharmacy technician training programs.