Practice Innovators Receive Best Practice Award
The award, sponsored by ASHP in cooperation with Pfizer Inc., is given to health systems whose pharmacists have demonstrated leadership in practice management, especially in those areas that significantly improve the quality of patient care. The winners were selected from a nationwide pool of applicants.
The awardees are:
- Antibiotic Usage Project
Timothy S. Jennings, Pharm.D.; Mark A. Szalwinski, M.H.A.; Randy Axelrod, M.D.; Sentara Healthcare, Norfolk, Va.
- Combining Administrative, Distributive, and Clinical Pharmacy Staff to Provide Hospice Service
Kathleen A. Johnson, Pharm.D.; and Bradley Hren, Pharm.D.; St. Marys/Duluth Clinic Health System, Duluth, Minn.
- Investigational Pharmacy Services at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Mark A. Kramer, M.S., R.Ph. University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston.
- Implementation of Pharmaceutical Care Services in a Renal Dialysis Unit
Cynthia A. Naughton, Pharm.D., North Dakota State University College of Pharmacy, Fargo.
- Improvement in the Medication-Use Process at San Antonio State Hospital
Ann L. Richards, Pharm.D., BCPP, San Antonio State Hospital
- Four Year Evolution of a Multi-Site, Collaborative, Pharmacotherapy Clinic and Outcomes Research Department in a Community-Based Primary Care Medical Group
Ginger A. Woodford, Pharm.D.; Jacquelyn S. Hunt, Pharm.D., BCPS; Kristina L. Butler, Pharm.D.; James W. Slater, Pharm.D.; Providence Medical Group, Portland, Ore.
The award winners will present highlights from their programs during a Pfizer-sponsored symposium on Dec. 3, during ASHPs Midyear Clinical Meeting in New Orleans.