Technology Program, Leadership Conference to Provide Insights into CPOE, Management Issues
Pharmacists and other health-care practitioners who want to learn more about computerized prescriber order entry (CPOE) systems can find answers in Dallas in October.
ASHPs Section of Pharmacy Practice Managers and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) have teamed up to conduct the first-ever ASHP and ISMP Technology Program, to be held October 26. The program will feature presentations by health-system experts on the current status of CPOE, the variety of characteristics and available components, multidisciplinary roles in system selection and implementation, and important strategies for successful implementation. Participants will also get an up-close look at this cutting-edge technology during demonstrations by six leading CPOE vendors.
The Technology Program will be followed by the eighth annual ASHP Leadership Conference on Pharmacy Practice Management, October 27-28. The Leadership Conference allows seasoned and aspiring pharmacy managers to share insights and strategies and hear presentations by nationally recognized speakers. Sponsored by an educational grant from Eli Lilly and Company and Roche Pharmaceuticals, the conference will feature workshops and plenary sessions on:
- Building leaders at all levels of an organization,
- Preparing for the new survey process of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations,
- Developing a successful strategic planning process,
- Justifying the cost of medication-safety programs and technology, and
- Using automation technology to improve medication-use safety.