Looking Back on 2016 in Pharmacy News
Here are the 10 news stories in 2016 that garnered the most page views at the ASHP website last year.
- Pharmacist Helps Save a Life at O’Hare
- Standards on Handling Hazardous Drugs Issued by USP
- Cost Increase Spurs Review of “GI cocktail” Components, Effectiveness
- Maine Enacts Statewide Limits on Opioid Prescribing
- Virtus Recalls Hyoscyamine Sulfate Tablets
- New Antimicrobial Stewardship Standard Issued by Joint Commission
- Antimicrobial Stewardship in Hospitals to Become National Requirement
- VTE Guideline Weighs in on Newer Oral Anticoagulants
- Pharmacy Adopts “Universal Precautions” for Medication Lists
- Hospital Pharmacies Cope With Surge in Drug Prices
What lies ahead in 2017 is anyone’s guess. Please contact the ASHP News Center if you have a suggestion for news coverage.