Committee on Nominations
The Committee on Nominations is responsible for determining the election slate each spring for new members of the Section's Executive Committee.
Educational Steering Committee
The Educational Steering Committee is responsible for vetting educational meeting sessions that identify knowledge gaps for the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Current ASHP programs, tools, and resources related to informatics are assessed, as well as member needs related to this specialty. Future programs and resources are identified and developed. The ESC assists in recruiting subject matter experts to present informatics content.
Similar to the Five Rights of Clinical Decision Support and the Five Rights of Medication Administration, the Five Rights of the SOPIT Educational Steering Committee are to ensure that SOPIT provides:
- The right information (knowledge acquired from external and internal sources without bias),
- To the right persons (ASHP members, pharmacists, residents, students and technicians),
- In the right format (type of education),
- Through the right channel (educational venue),
- At the right time in the workflow (in a timely manner to enable appropriate action).
Julie Pawola, Pharm.D.
Shardool Patel, Pharm.D.
Deputy Chief Health Informatics Officer
VA Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, UT