Demonstrate Quality, Celebrate Excellence. Differentiate your hospital or health-system by becoming an ASHP Certified Center of Excellence™ and formally recognize your high-performing pharmacy department for excellence in medication-use safety and pharmacy practice.
About the ASHP Certification
Certification is a process used by health care organizations worldwide to accurately assess their level of performance in relation to established standards and to implement ways to continuously improve. The ASHP Standard for Certification as a Center of Excellence in Medication-Use Safety and Pharmacy Practice reflects contemporary best practices for hospital and health-system pharmacy practice. Pharmacies which achieve this ASHP certification demonstrate the highest levels of pharmacy practice, medication safety, and pharmacy patient care services.
Why ASHP Certification In Medication-Use Safety And Pharmacy Practice?
The recognition of excellence in medication-use safety and pharmacy practice allows organizations to differentiate themselves from others. It also enhances the credibility and value of pharmacy services to physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers, healthcare leaders/administrators, policy makers, our patients and the general public.
Becoming an ASHP Certified Center of Excellence™ demonstrates the following of your pharmacy practice:
- Reflects use of contemporary best practices for hospital and health-system pharmacy practice
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence, continuous quality improvement, and practice advancement
- Provides evidence of current, innovative pharmacy services leading to high quality care and improve patient outcomes
- Validates pharmacy services externally through rigorous certification process
- Enhances credibility and value of pharmacy services to physicians, nurses, healthcare leaders, policy makers
- Differentiates pharmacy practice programs and services from competitors