Identifying and Interviewing for a Job
- New Practitioner Interview and CV Resources: Utilize these job preparation tools to transform your CV and master the interview.
- CareerPharm: ASHP's year-round job board filled with current opportunities for pharmacists and technicians and upcoming virtual career fairs.
- Personnel Placement Service (PPS): the industry's largest and most widely attended national pharmacy recruitment event hosted annually at the Midyear Clinical Meeting.
- AJHP Articles:
- A Practical Guide for New Practitioners: Considerations When Negotiating Your First Job Offer
- From Resident to Peer: Practicing Where You Trained
- A Practical Guide to Feedback in the Workplace: Transitioning from Learner to Independent Practitioner
- Dealing with Doubt: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome in New Practitioners
- Should I Consider Board Certification? Looking for the credentials to match your skill set? Looking for help studying? Check out these ASHP resources:
- Creating Long Term Goals for Career Development: People who maintain focus on long-term goals can achieve much bigger things than those who jump from idea to idea. How can you create meaningful long term goals and keep focus amidst everyday distractions?
- Continuing Professional Development Plan Worksheet: Use this worksheet to help play your 1-year, 5-year, and 10-year professional goals
- Using ASHP Fellowship Criteria as a Template for Continuous Professional Development (AJHP)
- An Integrated Approach to Career and Life Fulfillment and Planning (AJHP)
- How to Develop Long-Term Focus
Now you're going to be precepting students and residents which require different teaching styles. Here are resources you need to develop your skills:
- ASHP Preceptor Toolkit
- Preceptors Playbook: Tactics, Techniques, and Strategies (online module series)
- Preceptor Development: Responses to Frequently Asked Questions from Preceptors in Academic Hospitals (AJHP)
Personal Financial Management
- ASHP Podcasts
- Addressing the Burden of Student Load Debt: A Case-Based Review of Influencing Considerations (AJHP)
- Student Loan Debt Management 101
- Student Loan Strategy
- Simple Savings Calculator (Bankrate)
ASHP State Affiliates: ASHP State Affiliates provide a great way for new practitioners to network, advocate, publish, and lead in their local professional communities. Check out the new practitioner benefits of getting involved with a state affiliate.
ASHP Sections and Forums: ASHP’s Sections offer you the best way to communicate and interact with colleagues who share the same interests, issues, and challenges.