Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) is the process of entering medication orders and other instructions electronically.
Statements and Guidelines
- Guidelines on Pharmacy Planning for Implementation of Computerized Provider-Order-Entry Systems in Hospitals and Health Systems [PDF] - ASHP
- Statement on the Pharmacist’s Role in Clinical Informatics [PDF] - ASHP
- Statement on the Pharmacy Technician's Role in Pharmacy Informatics [PDF] - ASHP
- General Principles for Purchase and Safe Use of CPOE Systems
- Landmines and Pitfalls of CPOE
- ISMP Guidelines for Safe Electronic Communication of Medication Information