As soon as possible, select some dates during the observance and reserve locations on your organization’s event calendar.
- Form an event-planning committee and begin brainstorming ideas.
- Invite a representative from your hospital’s public relations department to join the committee.
- Invite speakers and guests. (Be sure to extend an invitation to your administrator.)
- Order promotional materials.
- Finalize activity plans.
- Confirm speakers/guests.
- Solicit volunteers.
- Write an article for your organization’s website or newsletter.
- Order last-minute items by September 30.
- Send invitations to staff and patients.
- Celebrate Pharmacy Week and Pharmacy Technician Day.
- Share pictures and event recaps on social media. Tag your posts with #PharmacyWeek and #PharmacyStrong.
- Meet with the planning committee to follow up.