ASHP’s New Student Leadership Development Program
Preparing Students to be Effective Pharmacy Leaders
The ASHP Student Leadership Development Program is available as a resource for use as an elective course by Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy to satisfy the ACPE requirements for Standard 4: Personal and Professional Development, as well as a stand-alone learning experience for students interested in improving their professional and leadership skills. Through successful completion of the program, pharmacy students will be better prepared to serve as effective leaders, helping establish a legacy of future leaders to continue the advancement of pharmacy practice.
- Facilitators Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- Define leadership.
- Describe leadership roles in pharmacy practice, including formal and informal leadership.
- Discuss common leadership characteristics, styles, and approaches.
- Characterize your personal identity, strengths, and leadership traits.
- Describe the importance of relationships, including the value of mentorship.
- Develop SMART goals for professional and leadership development.
- Examine the role of communication in leadership.
- Explain the role of advocacy in leadership.
- Describe your professional and leadership development in the context of the future of healthcare.
Brianne K. Bakken, PharmD, MHA
Medical College of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy
Brooke Barlow, PharmD
Neurocritical Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Memorial Hermann Woodlands Medical Center
The Woodlands, Texas
Lea S. Eiland, PharmD, BCPS, BCPPS, FASHP, FPPA
Clinical Professor and Associate Department Head
Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy
John Hertig, PharmD, MS, CPPS, FASHP
Jeff Little, PharmD, MPH, BCPS, FACHE, FASHP
Director of Pharmacy
Saint Luke's Hospital
Kansas City, Missouri
Jevon Oliver, PharmD, MS, CPPS, FASHP
Director Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
Mass General Brigham Integrated Care
|1-10 - 0%||$40.00||$45.00|
|11-50 - 10%||$36.00||$36.00|
|51-150 - 15%||$34.00||$34.00|
|151-250 - 20%||$32.00||$32.00|
|251+ - 40%||$24.00||$24.00|
- P1-P4 Students
- Individual student pharmacists looking to enhance leadership skills
- Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy looking to supplement curriculum to meet ACPE Standard 4