ASHP's Medication Safety Competency Assessment Center is designed for pharmacist and pharmacy technician staff looking for foundational knowledge and skills needed to optimize safe medication use for all patients.
This fully online competency management subscription includes over 15 competencies and initial skills assessments to manage and monitor competency completion among pharmacist and pharmacy technician staff.
Medication safety remains a top priority for all institutions to ensure safe and effective patient care. This training provides modules on various topics related to safe medication use for pharmacists and technicians involved in any stage of the medication use process. Online study modules include event reporting, waste disposal, handling of hazardous drugs, and more.
- Best Practices
- Regulatory Compliance
- Medication Error Reduction
- Just Culture and Disclosure of Unanticipated Outcomes
- Common Triggers to Identify Safety Risk
- Safety and Drug Shortages: Considerations and Management
Continuing Education Hours
ASHP's Medication Safety CAC offers 10+ continuing education credits to help you meet your professional development requirements.
About ASHP Competency Assessment Centers
As the field of pharmacy continues to evolve with emerging medications, technologies, and regulations, it is crucial for pharmacists and healthcare professionals to maintain and develop their skills and knowledge. Competency management provides a structured approach to enhance their expertise, identify areas for improvement, and create personalized training plans that meet their needs. This leads to improved patient outcomes and enables pharmacists to provide high-quality care.
- Access to multiple competency-based assessments covering a wide range of topics
- Interactive online learning modules that allow you to learn at your own pace and on your own schedule
- Tracking and reporting tools to monitor your progress and keep you on track
- Continuing education credits to help you meet your professional development requirements
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your field
- Enhance your skills and knowledge to provide better patient care
- Flexible online learning options that fit into your busy schedule
- Access to a wide range of competency-based assessments to help you identify areas for improvement
- Improved patient outcomes through better-trained and more knowledgeable healthcare professionals
- Increased job satisfaction and career growth opportunities
- Savings in time and money compared to traditional training methods
- Meeting your professional development requirements and staying compliant with regulatory standards
ASHP's Competency Assessment Centers are the most cost-effective competency management solution for healthcare organizations. Regardless of size, we offer scalable and affordable solutions for both large multi-hospital health systems and small and rural hospitals.
By subscribing to our online training program, you will save time, money, and personnel resources while improving the skills and knowledge of your staff. Allocate your budget to the areas that matter most to you and your organization.
- A la carte (one or more): Pay for only what you need. Customize your training program by only subscribing to the individual assessment centers you need most.
- PCAC 365 (comprehensive): Best value. Complete access to every available assessment center in one place, offering a comprehensive, streamlined competency management training program for your organization. This is the most cost-effective solution for healthcare organizations that need access to multiple assessment centers.
Navigate ASHP's Competency Assessment Centers with confidence- from logging in and accessing assessments to understanding reports and tracking progress, these videos cover all the essential features and functionalities of the assessment centers.
Speak To Our Team
ASHP's Competency Assessment Centers are intended and designed for institutional use. Whether you have a question about features, pricing, need a demo, or free trial, our team is ready to assist.
Additional Competency Management Solutions
Enhanced Monitoring and Reporting For Improved Competency Compliance
ASHP's partnership with Dossier, a cloud-based healthcare competency management provider, offers robust monitoring and reporting capabilities so you can spend less time tracking competency completion on paper and more time with patients. Dossier's software add-on seamlessly integrates with PCAC providing easy access to reporting that gives you visibility into your entire team’s competency.
Interested in seeing a demo? Product demos will include ASHP and Dossier team members so you can get answers to all your questions.
Dossier makes it simple to:
- Easily retrieve competencies in one, single dashboard
- Assign & manage all competencies in a centralized location
- Monitor learning and competency progress
- Quickly create robust reports