Pharmacy Competency Assessment Center
ASHP's Pharmacy Competency Assessment Center is designed for pharmacist and pharmacy technician staff looking to stay current with changes in patient care and achieve high levels of competency in critical areas.
This fully online competency management subscription includes over 60 competencies and initial skills assessments to manage and monitor competency completion among pharmacist and pharmacy technician staff.
- Technician Skills
- Clinical Topics
- Compounding Guidelines
- Regulatory Compliance
- and much more
- Vancomycin Dosing and Monitoring
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Anticoagulation Management
- Pain Management and Opioid Stewardship
Continuing Education Hours
ASHP's PCAC offers 40+ continuing education credits to help you meet your professional development requirements.
Advisory & Editorial Board
Advisory Board & Editors
- Joel Hennenfent, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, FASHP
Senior Vice President, Pharmacy Member Services
Vizient, Inc. in Irving, Texas
- Heather Pace, PharmD
Manager, Clinical Pharmacy
Advisory Board & Section Editors
- Jennifer Hamner, PharmD, BCPPS, FASHP
Manager of Pharmacy Professional Development, Residency Program Director
Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Kersten Weber Tatarelis, PharmD, BCPS AQ-ID, FASHP
Vice President, Pharmacy Clinical Operations
Enterprise Pharmacy Services
- Molly Billstein Leber, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, FASHP
Associate Director, Drug Use Policy, Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
Yale New Haven Health
- Noelle RM Chapman, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, FASHP
Vice President, Chief Pharmacy Officer
UCSF School of Pharmacy
- Pamela L. Stamm, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, CDCES, FASHP, FCCP
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy
- Scott W. Savage, PharmD, MS
Executive Vice Dean and Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Todd Nesbit, PharmD, MBA, FASHP, CPEL
Vice President of Pharmacy Services
Johns Hopkins Health System
Chief Pharmacy Officer
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Past Advisory Board & Section Editors
- Erin Fox, PharmD, MHA, BCPS, FASHP
Associate Chief Pharmacy Officer – Shared Services
University of Utah Health
- John B. Hertig, PharmD, MS, CPPS, FASHP
Chair and Associate Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Ali McBride, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP
Director, WW HEOR Markets – US Hematology
Bristol Myers Squibb
- J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, BS Pharm, PharmD, BCOP, RPh
Clinical Professor & Department Chair
Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Northeastern University School of Pharmacy
Hematology Oncology Clinical Pharmacist
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Casey H. White, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, BCNSP, BCCCP, FASHP
Rare Disease Field Medical, Outcomes and Analytics
About ASHP Competency Assessment Centers
As the field of pharmacy continues to evolve with emerging medications, technologies, and regulations, it is crucial for pharmacists and healthcare professionals to maintain and develop their skills and knowledge. Competency management provides a structured approach to enhance their expertise, identify areas for improvement, and create personalized training plans that meet their needs. This leads to improved patient outcomes and enables pharmacists to provide high-quality care.
- Access to multiple competency-based assessments covering a wide range of topics
- Interactive online learning modules that allow you to learn at your own pace and on your own schedule
- Tracking and reporting tools to monitor your progress and keep you on track
- Continuing education credits to help you meet your professional development requirements
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your field
- Enhance your skills and knowledge to provide better patient care
- Flexible online learning options that fit into your busy schedule
- Access to a wide range of competency-based assessments to help you identify areas for improvement
- Improved patient outcomes through better-trained and more knowledgeable healthcare professionals
- Increased job satisfaction and career growth opportunities
- Savings in time and money compared to traditional training methods
- Meeting your professional development requirements and staying compliant with regulatory standards
ASHP's Competency Assessment Centers are the most cost-effective competency management solution for healthcare organizations. Regardless of size, we offer scalable and affordable solutions for both large multi-hospital health systems and small and rural hospitals.
By subscribing to our online training program, you will save time, money, and personnel resources while improving the skills and knowledge of your staff. Allocate your budget to the areas that matter most to you and your organization.
- A la carte (one or more): Pay for only what you need. Customize your training program by only subscribing to the individual assessment centers you need most.
- PCAC 365 (comprehensive): Best value. Complete access to every available assessment center in one place, offering a comprehensive, streamlined competency management training program for your organization. This is the most cost-effective solution for healthcare organizations that need access to multiple assessment centers.
Navigate ASHP's Competency Assessment Centers with confidence- from logging in and accessing assessments to understanding reports and tracking progress, these videos cover all the essential features and functionalities of the assessment centers.
Speak To Our Team
ASHP's Competency Assessment Centers are intended and designed for institutional use. Whether you have a question about features, pricing, need a demo, or free trial, our team is ready to assist.
Additional Competency Management Solutions
Enhanced Monitoring and Reporting For Improved Competency Compliance
ASHP's partnership with Dossier, a cloud-based healthcare competency management provider, offers robust monitoring and reporting capabilities so you can spend less time tracking competency completion on paper and more time with patients. Dossier's software add-on seamlessly integrates with PCAC providing easy access to reporting that gives you visibility into your entire team’s competency.
Interested in seeing a demo? Product demos will include ASHP and Dossier team members so you can get answers to all your questions.
Dossier makes it simple to:
- Easily retrieve competencies in one, single dashboard
- Assign & manage all competencies in a centralized location
- Monitor learning and competency progress
- Quickly create robust reports
PCAC + DoseMeRx
Transition to AUC-Guided Vancomycin Dosing With Our Streamlined Dual Solution
In partnership with Tabula Rasa HealthCare, ASHP created PCAC + DoseMeRx to provide pharmacy departments in small hospitals (up to 100 beds) the most efficient means of complying with the revised consensus guideline. Available within PCAC, clinical competency assessments relay vancomycin dosing scenarios to assist your team to navigate through the DoseMeRx platform, creating familiarity to Bayesian dosing in a variety of clinical situations. Contact us to learn more or visit the product page on the ASHP Store.
- Full access to PCAC for Institutions
- Unlimited use of DoseMeRx’s web-based solution
- Vancomycin Bundle, offering the following drug models:
- Vancomycin Standard Adult
- Vancomycin Enhanced Obese Adult
- Vancomycin Pediatric