ASHP MedGuides Plus
License ASHP MedGuides Plus to easily obtain printed Medication Guides within your existing workflow.
ASHP MedGuides Plus Database enables the integrated electronic distribution of FDA-mandated Medication Guides that have been provided by the manufacturers to the FDA with properly coded Structured Product Labels (SPLs) and posted on the National Library of Medicine’s (NLM’s) DailyMed website.
- Available in preformatted PDF or flexible XML with associated stylesheets for display or printing
- Updated weekly based on new and revised content from the FDA/DailyMed
- Mapping available to NDC, RxNorm, and AHFS identifiers
What are Medication Guides?
Medication Guides are paper handouts that come with many prescription medicines. The guides address issues that are specific to particular drugs and drug classes, and they contain FDA-approved information that can help patients avoid serious adverse events.
FDA requires that Medication Guides be issued with certain prescribed drugs and biological products when the Agency determines that:
- Certain information is necessary to prevent serious adverse effects.
- Patient decision-making should be informed by information about a known serious side effect with a product, or
- Patient adherence to directions for the use of a product are essential to its effectiveness.