Training For Your Team
Manage and monitor competency completion among pharmacist and pharmacy technician staff with ASHP’s Competency Assessment Centers. Developed by a team of more than 90 experts from around the country—leaders in their fields—our competency management training provides comprehensive learning objectives, study tools and assessments online, making it easier for you to:
- Onboard and train new staff
- Ensure competency among existing staff
- Provide a refresher course for pharmacists wishing to re-enter the workforce
- Deliver vital, firsthand training to residents and to students for IPPE and APPE
Why is Competency Management Important?
As the field of pharmacy continues to evolve with emerging medications, technologies, and regulations, it is crucial for pharmacists and healthcare professionals to maintain and develop their skills and knowledge. Competency management provides a structured approach to enhance their expertise, identify areas for improvement, and create personalized training plans that meet their needs. This leads to improved patient outcomes and enables pharmacists to provide high-quality care.
Highlights and Benefits
- Access to multiple competency-based assessments covering a wide range of topics
- Interactive online learning modules that allow you to learn at your own pace and on your own schedule
- Tracking and reporting tools to monitor your progress and keep you on track
- Continuing education credits to help you meet your professional development requirements
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your field
- Enhance your skills and knowledge to provide better patient care
- Flexible online learning options that fit into your busy schedule
- Access to a wide range of competency-based assessments to help you identify areas for improvement
- Improved patient outcomes through better-trained and more knowledgeable healthcare professionals
- Increased job satisfaction and career growth opportunities
- Savings in time and money compared to traditional training methods
- Meeting your professional development requirements and staying compliant with regulatory standards
Competency management training for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians covering a wide range of topics.
Designed for pharmacist and pharmacy technician staff looking to stay current with changes in patient care and achieve high levels of competency in critical areas. Access to 60+ key competencies and skills assessments covering a variety of topics. CE Hours: 40+
Ensure faculty members or preceptors involved in pharmacy student practice experiences (IPPES and APPES) and/or residency programs have the ongoing knowledge and skills needed to meet their responsibilities to the professional program. Comprised of 23 key competencies on a variety of topics related to precepting students and residents. CE Hours: 11+
Equip your staff with the knowledge needed to deal with a range of crises and prepare for emergency events while also meeting The Joint Commission emergency management standards. This training is ideal for pharmacy personnel including technicians who do not have direct involvement on the Emergency Operations planning team, but need to be familiar with emergency preparedness concepts and essential medications in the event of an emergency. CE Hours: 5+
Ensure foundational knowledge and skills needed to optimize safe medication use for all patients. Medication safety remains a top priority for all institutions to ensure safe and effective patient care. This training provides modules on various topics related to safe medication use for pharmacists and technicians involved in any stage of the medication use process. CE Hours: 10+
Coming soon in April 2023! Facilitate consistent competency assessment for all staff involved in specialty pharmacy operations. Specialty pharmacy is emerging as one of the fastest growing areas of pharmacy, driven by many new medication approvals. This training includes a collection of modules for pharmacists and technicians seeking to expand their knowledge and skills needed to provide patient care in a specialty pharmacy setting. CE Hours: 7
Coming soon! Reinforce safe and appropriate use of anticoagulant medications for pharmacists in any pharmacy setting. The prescribing and dispensing of anticoagulants remain a top priority for health systems as it is frequently cited as a top patient safety priority by accrediting bodies. This training provides education on anticoagulation topics that will help institutions ensure that their staff have the ongoing knowledge and skills needed to optimize anticoagulant use for all patients. CE Hours: 8+
Speak To Our Team
ASHP's Competency Assessment Centers are intended and designed for institutional use. Whether you have a question about features, pricing, need a demo, or free trial, our team is ready to assist.
I am so glad ASHP offers these competencies. They make compliance with TJC standards very easy and the content is excellent. You can’t imagine how many rural hospitals out there are still trying to write their own competencies every year.Director of Pharmacy, Pella Regional Health Center
We are currently using [PCAC] for a two week IPPE institutional rotation. The content is perfect for what we needed. I feel that this group of students is going to be very prepared to enter the hospital.Director of Experiential Education (IPPE), Roseman University of Health Sciences
Additional Competency Management Solutions
PCAC + DoseMeRx
Transition to AUC-Guided Vancomycin Dosing With Our Streamlined Dual Solution
In partnership with Tabula Rasa HealthCare, ASHP created PCAC + DoseMeRx to provide pharmacy departments in small hospitals (up to 100 beds) the most efficient means of complying with the revised consensus guideline. Available within PCAC, clinical competency assessments relay vancomycin dosing scenarios to assist your team to navigate through the DoseMeRx platform, creating familiarity to Bayesian dosing in a variety of clinical situations. Contact us to learn more or visit the product page on the ASHP Store.
- Full access to PCAC for Institutions
- Unlimited use of DoseMeRx’s web-based solution
- Vancomycin Bundle, offering the following drug models:
- Vancomycin Standard Adult
- Vancomycin Enhanced Obese Adult
- Vancomycin Pediatric
PCAC + Dossier
Enhanced Monitoring and Reporting For Improved Competency Compliance
ASHP's partnership with Dossier, a cloud-based healthcare competency management provider, offers robust monitoring and reporting capabilities so you can spend less time tracking competency completion on paper and more time with patients. Dossier's software add-on seamlessly integrates with PCAC providing easy access to reporting that gives you visibility into your entire team’s competency.
Interested in seeing a demo? Product demos will include ASHP and Dossier team members so you can get answers to all your questions.
Dossier makes it simple to:
- Easily retrieve competencies in one, single dashboard
- Assign & manage all competencies in a centralized location
- Monitor learning and competency progress
- Quickly create robust reports
Speak To Our Team
Whether you have a question about features, pricing, need a demo, or free trial, our team is ready to assist. Contact Chris Jezowski, Institutional Sales Representative, [email protected] or fill out the form below.