This webinar will describe a new offering and initiative from ASHP and University of Minnesota. This implementation collaborative seeks to advance pharmacogenomics at hospitals and health systems through a Pharmacogenomics Accelerator model. The Pharmacogenomics Accelerator program will provide training to your staff, engage participants with program faculty that have pharmacogenomics implementation experience, and offer individualized support from an implementation coach. The program design will support program leads in efforts to develop and coordinate a multidisciplinary implementation team. The webinar will feature pharmacogenomics practice leaders who will briefly share their story of implementing this service and the value added for patients and the pharmacy profession.
- Identify the current state and future state of pharmacogenomics in clinical practice
- Describe the need to apply implementation science to pharmacogenomics
- Understand how others have applied an implementation approach to pharmacogenomics
- Identify opportunities to engage in implementation of pharmacogenomics
- David Gregornik, Pharm.D., B.A., B.S., Director, Pharmacogenomics Program, Director, PGY-2 Clinical Pharmacogenomics Residency, Children's Minnesota
- David Stenehjem, Pharm.D., BCOP, Associate Professor and Associate Department Head, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmaceutical Sciences