Autoverification occurs when a medication is entered and released, bypassing the pharmacist verification step, and is automatically verified in the EHR. Another term for autoverification may be “risk-stratified assisted verification.” The SOPIT/SICP SAG on Medication Safety Autoverification Task Force would like to present the tool kit that was developed for ASHP membership for consideration when implementing autoverification. This webinar will review the background, survey results, and overview of the tool kit. Three members will also highlight how the toolkit was applied for decision-making in their organizations.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Not Available
Registration for this webinar will be approved for ASHP Members Only. ASHP member ID number is required to register. Find your ASHP membership ID here. Not an ASHP member?
- Identify benefits and challenges of autoverificaton.
- Explain the intended use of the autoverification tool kit.
- Describe the application of the autoverification tool kit in three heath systems.
- Elizabeth Wade, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP, Medication Safety Officer, Concord Hospital, Concord, NH
- Meghan M. Rowcliffe, Pharm.D., BCPPS, Pediatric Medication Safety Officer, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Casey Olsen, Pharm.D., Clinical Informatics Pharmacist, Advocate Aurora Health, Downers Grove, IL
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#:0204-0000-21-067-L04-P, 0204-0000-21-067-L04-T).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email [email protected].