This webinar provides attendees the opportunity to learn about the mental health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on children and healthcare providers. The webinar will focus on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on childhood development, social-emotional learning, educational and health disparities, increases in mental health diagnoses, and on the day-to-day challenges of healthcare providers balancing work and personal responsibilities. Participants will see the short and long term consequences spanning from personal to professional aspects the pandemic has had on children and healthcare providers throughout the United States and the world.
- Describe the short and long-term impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had the pediatric population.
- Discuss the short and long-term mental health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic among children and adults.
- Discuss the day-to-day challenges healthcare providers face in balancing personal and professional responsibilities during a worldwide healthcare crisis.
- Morgan King, Pharm.D., BCPPS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at Fairview Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Laura Sjoquist, Assistant Professor of Teaching in Pharmacy Practice at The University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio
- Moderator: M. Petrea Cober, Pharm.D., BCNSP, BCPPS, FASPEN, Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Director, Professor, Pharmacy Practice, Northeast Ohio Medical University
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This knowledge-based activity will provide 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credits (ACPE#: 0204-0000-21-068-L04-P).
Continuing pharmacy education (CPE) for this activity will be processed on ASHP's eLearning portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. After completion of the live webinar, you will process and claim CPE credit online at elearning.ashp.org. Pharmacists will need the enrollment code that will be announced at the end of the webinar and your eProfile ID from NABP to earn CPE credits. Follow the prompts to claim credit within 60 days after completing the activity.
CE Activity Announcement
The ASHP Section of Clinical Specialist and Scientists is recognized for the organization of this webinar continuing education activity.
For questions and comments, please email [email protected].