The award, which is conferred at the discretion of the ASHP CEO, may be presented at the ASHP Summer Meetings, ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, or other appropriate function. There is no limit to the number of awards that may be conferred each year.
- Adventist Health Feather River Pharmacy Staff
- CarolinaEast Medical Center Pharmacy Staff
- Conway Medical Center Pharmacy Staff
- Department of Veterans Affairs Emergency Pharmacy Service
- HCA Healthcare Pharmacy Staff
- Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Staff
- Mercy Hospital and Medical Center Pharmacy Staff
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center Pharmacy Staff
- Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center Pharmacy Staff
- USCG Mobile Medical Unit Team Leaders
- Jordan T. DeAngelis, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
- Charzetta James, Pharm.D., M.B.A.
- Calita S. Richards, Pharm.D., M.P.H.
Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians were recognized at the 2019 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting for their heroic efforts and inspiring, unselfish service.
Criteria and Eligibility
ASHP members, staff members, and others are invited, throughout the year, to suggest nominees in writing with substantiating evidence. The award is intended to recognize an individual or group of individuals for specific incidents of inspiring, unselfish service under adverse conditions. Nominations should state:
- How the nominee went beyond the call of duty to serve patients or assist pharmacists in serving patients, and
- Why the incident is of national or international significance.
Nominees may be pharmacists or non-pharmacists, regardless of practice area or ASHP membership status. Current ASHP Board members and ASHP staff are not eligible.
Nominations are accepted year-round and are to be transmitted electronically using the ASHP Award Nominations Form. If you have questions about the Awards Program, please contact the Office of Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.