The recipients will also receive:
- an inscribed award,
- a complimentary registration for the meeting,
- recognition in the News and Views, ASHP Newslinks, ASHP website, press release, and other means.
2019 ASHP Distinguished Service Award
Selected by the respective past executive committees, the recipients of this award truly represent the best that the membership and profession has to offer. Congratulations to the winners on this prestigious honor! The contributions of these six individuals will be recognized at a reception during the 2019 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
Section of Ambulatory Care Practitioners
Barbara Petroff, M.S., B.S.Pharm., FASHP
Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists
Jill Bates, Pharm.D., M.S., BCOP, FASHP
Section of Inpatient Care Practitioners
Emily Alexander, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP
Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology
Barbara Giacomelli, Pharm.D., M.B.A., FASHP
Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders
James M. Hoffman, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP
New Practitioners Forum
Ashley Duty, Pharm.D., M.S.
- Must have demonstrated a sustained contribution to a section or the NPF over at least 3 years,
- Must have demonstrated contribution to the improvement of practice for the section’s or NPF’s area of practice and/or mission.
- Cannot be a current member of an Executive Committee.
- Cannot have been on an Executive Committee for the section or the forum they are being considered for within the previous term.
- Current member of ASHP and Member of the Section or NPF at the time of the contribution or achievement.
- Cannot have previously received the award within the past 3 years.
The deadline for nominations is April 1. Nominations are to be transmitted electronically from February 1 - April 1 using the Award Nomination Form.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact the Office of Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.