2018 CSC Winners
1st Place: Ashley Barlow & Brooke Barlow, Jefferson College of Pharmacy
2nd Place: Will Hammonds and Brandon Powell, Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy
3rd Place: Kiley Fuller and Amanda Van Matre, University of Colorado, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
2019 Prize Package
Winning Team Members from Each School
The winning team members from each participating college of pharmacy will receive a complimentary Midyear Meeting registration to compete at the national level competition held in Las Vegas, NV, December 7-8, 2019.
Top Ten Finalist Teams in the National Competition
Top ten finalist team members will each receive the following:
- iPad Mini device preloaded with a one-year subscription to Lexi-Complete™ with AHFS Essentials™;
- 1 ASHP Self-Assessment Resource;
- $25 Amazon gift card
1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams will be announced during the Midyear Clinical Meeting Opening Session on Monday Morning.
The winning team members each receive a $500 cash award, individual first place trophies, and a large first place trophy to take back to their school.
CSC Coordinator Resources
The coordinator handbook contains a timeline, important guidelines, and instructions for conducting your preliminary-round (school-level) competition.
- Form A (Deadline: June 25) - Identify Local Coordinator
- Form B (Deadline: Nov. 1) - Identify Local Winners attending MCM
- Coordinator Handbook
- Coordinator Handbook Summary
- Important Dates and Deadlines Checklist
- Promotional posters were mailed to schools in August with the fall student membership mailing.
CSC Participant Resources
The participant handbook contains useful information for participants.
- Student Handbook
- Student Handbook Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Trial of Lexi-Complete™ with AHFS Essentials™
One iPad mini device preloaded with Lexi-Complete™ with AHFS Essentials™ will be provided to each team for use during the semi-final round (national) competition!
ASHP solicits volunteer members to serve as official CSC Case Writers. If you are interested in submitting a case summary for consideration, please review the instructions for submission and submit using the link below.
- May 15 – Submit your case summary for consideration
- May 31 – Case selections made and initial contact with case writers
- July 1 – Deadline to receive first draft of local case & national case
- July 25 – Cases finalized
Use these past ASHP Clinical Skills Competition local and national cases to prepare for the competition.
ASHP Clinical Skills Competition Local Case and Answer Key
ASHP Clinical Skills Competition National Case and Answer Key
For your convenience, ASHP has designed materials you can use to promote the Clinical Skills Competition on your campus:
Clinical Skills Competition Video
This video explains to students what the Clinical Skills Competition is and answers some of their questions about participating.
Information Flyer: E-mail this PDF file to your fellow students and post it on your SSHP website. This flyer is a great way to spread the word about your upcoming competition!
11x17 color posters go to schools in ASHP’s fall student membership mailings shipped in August. Write in the specifics of your competition and post them on campus. Use this file to print 8½ x 11copies onsite.
The ASHP Foundation has been sponsoring the Clinical Skills Competition for over seven years.
Lexicomp Inc., a Wolters Kluwer Health division, has donated hardware and software in support of the Clinical Skills Competition.