*NEW* SAG on Accreditation and Compliance
- Advise health system specialty pharmacies on accreditation, quality and compliance requirements and opportunities.
- Identify and develop resources to support excellence in accreditation, quality improvement and regulatory compliance and evolving best practices.
- Develop mechanisms and resources to support the monitoring and assessment of laws and compliance standards relevant to the practice of specialty pharmacy.
- Develop and support advocacy for health system specialty pharmacy pertaining to accreditation, quality, and compliance organizations including advising on reporting requirements and benchmarking opportunities and consistency among specialty pharmacies.
SAG on Business Development
- Advise on vision and strategy for health system specialty pharmacy structure and function to meet current and future needs of the pharmacy enterprise.
- Identify and develop resources to effectively manage economic and financial specialty pharmacy performance, including strategies to access payer network and limited distribution/ restricted access medications.
- Identify and develop resources to assists members to assess opportunities and build a specialty pharmacy
- Identify and develop resources and support advocacy that improve opportunities for the health system specialty pharmacy business model and reimbursement for clinical care provided to patients.
Denise Scarpelli, Pharm.D.
Executive Director of Ambulatory Pharmacy and Business Development
University of Chicago
Alex Mersch, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS
Specialty Pharmacy Manager
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Iowa City, IA
SAG on Outcomes and Value
- Advise and affect positive change on quality and outcome measures affecting the specialty medication use process.
- Develop a research agenda that identifies gaps and associated metrics to support the unique value of health system specialty pharmacy services.
- Identify and develop resources that assist members to excel in evolving clinical, quality, economic, and humanistic outcomes, including patient & provider satisfaction reporting initiatives.
- Identify and develop resources and support advocacy to assist members in changes to standards affecting the medication use process.
Stuart Deal, Pharm.D.
General Manager, Specialty Pharmacy
Autumn Zuckerman, Pharm.D., BCPS, AAHIVP, CSP.
Program Director, Health Outcomes and Research
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
SAG on Workforce Development
- Identify and develop resources to support the health system specialty pharmacy work force education, training, career development, and credential needs to support optimal specialty patient care.
- Identify and develop work force resources for supporting and advancing innovative health system specialty pharmacy practice models.
- Advise on future health system specialty pharmacy work force education, training, career development, and credential needs to support practice model advancements.
Ashley Ryther, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
University of Utah Health
Julia Chisholm, Pharm.D., M.B.A., AAHIVP
Ambulatory Operations Pharmacy Manager
University of Missouri Health Care