The award, which is conferred at the discretion of ASHP and the ABHP Board of Directors, may be presented annually at the ABHP Luncheon at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting or other appropriate function. One award may be conferred each year.
Angela M. Hill, PharmD, CPh, RPh
Professor and Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs
Project Director, WE-CARE
University of South Florida Taneja College of Pharmacy
Dr. Hill is a respected educator, researcher, and leader with a passion for reducing racial and ethnic disparities in healthcare and fostering a more diverse and culturally literate healthcare workforce. Throughout her career, she has leveraged her vast expertise and community relationships to train investigators to implement culturally tailored strategies for enhancing recruitment and retention of diverse research participants, mentor the next generation of cross-culturally informed and responsive patient care providers, and ensure intercultural competent pharmacist care is available and utilized both locally and globally.
Criteria and Eligibility
ASHP and ABHP members are invited, annually, to suggest nominees in writing with substantiating evidence. Nominations should state how the nominee meets the criteria for the award. This includes a record of demonstrating leadership in the reduction of racial and ethnic disparities in healthcare in one or more of the following areas:
- Increasing awareness of these disparities among healthcare providers, administrators, legislators, regulators, third-party payers, and the public;
- Promoting a more diverse and culturally competent healthcare workforce and environment;
- Ensuring effective communication with patients and among providers;
- Fostering consistent use of multidisciplinary teams and evidence-based guidelines for patient care;
- Collecting and reporting data on healthcare access, utilization, and outcomes by racial and ethnic minorities, and measuring progress toward reducing healthcare disparities;
- Researching, identifying, and disseminating best practices for providing culturally competent care and reducing disparities in healthcare.
Current ASHP and ABHP Board members and staff are not eligible.
Nominations are accepted year-round and are to be transmitted electronically using the Award Nominations Form. Please see the Call for Award Nominations to reference the criteria for the award as well as the nomination instructions.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact the Office of Member Relations at [email protected].
Current and Past Recipients
- 2021 - Manouchkathe Cassagnol
- 2020 - Kathleen B. Kennedy
- 2019 - John E. Clark
- 2018 - Johnnie L. Early, II
- 2017 - Neil J. MacKinnon
- 2016 - Mary Choy
- 2015 - Marie A. Chisholm-Burns
- 2014 - John J. Scrivens Jr
- 2012 - Lenore T. Coleman
- 2010 - Thomas E. Buckley
- 2009 - Folakemi T. Odedina