The recipients will also receive:
- an inscribed award,
- a complimentary registration for the Midyear Clinical Meeting,
- recognition in the News and Views, ASHP Newslinks, ASHP website, press release, and other means.
2021 ASHP Distinguished Service Award
Selected by the respective past Executive Committees, the recipients of this award truly represent the best that the membership and profession has to offer. Congratulations to the winners on this prestigious honor!
Section of Ambulatory Care Practitioners
Jeff Olson, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS, BCACP
Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists
Ali McBride, Pharm.D., BCOP, FASHP
Section of Inpatient Care Practitioners
Paul Milligan, Pharm.D.
Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology
Anna Dreger, B.S.Pharm.
Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders
Jennifer E. Tryon, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP
Section of Specialty Pharmacy Practitioners
JoAnn Stubbings, B.S.Pharm., MHCA
New Practitioners Forum
Tyler A. Vest, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, BCSCP
Pharmacy Technician Forum
Barb Hintzen, CPhT
- Must have demonstrated a sustained contribution to a Section or Forum over at least 3 years,
- Must have demonstrated contribution to the improvement of practice for the Section’s or Forum's area of practice and/or mission.
- Cannot be a current member of an Executive Committee.
- Cannot have been on an Executive Committee for the section or the forum they are being considered for within the previous term.
- Current member of ASHP and Member of the Section or Forum at the time of the contribution or achievement.
- Cannot have previously received the award within the past 3 years.
- For Technician Nominations: All nominations must be accompanied by 2 additional letters of recommendation. One must be from a current or former supervisor and the other from a professional colleague.
- For all other Sections or New Practitioner Nominations: A letter of recommendation can be submitted in lieu of answering the questions below. This letter should answer the following questions:
- Describe why you feel this person deserves to be nominated for this award;
- Describe any ASHP and Section/Forum activities or positions in which the individual has participated;
- Describe any additional experience, activities, or contributions you feel qualifies this person for this award;
- Additional comments.
- Submission of a CV/resume is optional.
The extended deadline for nominations is May 1. Nominations are to be transmitted electronically from February 1 - May 1. Nominate a candidate for the 2021 Distinguished Service Awards.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact the Office of Member Relations at [email protected].