2020 CSC Winners
1st Place: Melanie Umbaugh & Morgan Ostinowsky, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
2nd Place: Jennifer Schweiger & Katelynn Granger, University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy
3rd Place: Jillian Walters & Logan Boone, Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy
For all CSC participants
- One (1) year FREE ASHP membership
- Select one of a small collection of ASHP e-publications
For the top ten teams – Two prizes listed above, plus:
- One ASHP Self-Assessment Resource of your choice.
- $25 Amazon Gift Card
- One iPad
- Lexicomp Professional for Hospital Pharmacists – Three (3) year subscription
Winning Team – Receive everything listed above, plus:
- $500 cash prize for each team member
- Trophy for each team member and one to be displayed at your School of Pharmacy
The 2020 National CSC Was Held Virtually on Dec 5 - Dec 6 Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy transitioned to virtual or hybrid learning environments. Given the evolving situation, ASHP left the option of how to conduct the local Clinical Skills Competition open to the various Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy. No specific restrictions or platforms were enforced. In addition, we modified the ASHP SSHP Recognition Requirements for 2020-2021 to allow leniency for SSHPs unable to hold the Clinical Skills Competition. To support virtual local competitions, ASHP developed a Best Practices Guide to facilitate operations and planning for the 2020 local CSCs.
CSC Coordinator Resources
- Form A - Identify Local Faculty Coordinator
(Once Local Coordinators complete Form A, they will be added to the SSHP Connect Community so that they can engage in discussion with their peers on hosting hybrid/virtual competitions).
- Form B (Deadline: November 2) - Identify Local Winners who will participate in the National Competition
- Coordinator Handbook
- Coordinator Handbook Summary
- Important Dates and Deadlines Checklist
- Sample Confidentiality Agreement
CSC Participant Resources
- Student Handbook
- Student Handbook Summary
- 2019 Local Case & Answer Key | 2019 National Case & Answer Key (for student practice)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Trial of Lexi-Complete™
Practice Cases (Use the ASHP Clinical Skills Competition local and national cases below to prepare for the competition).
ASHP Clinical Skills Competition Local Case and Answer Key
ASHP Clinical Skills Competition National Case and Answer Key
ASHP solicits volunteer members to serve as official CSC Case Writers. If you are interested in submitting a case summary for consideration, please review the instructions for submission and submit using the link below.
For your convenience, ASHP has designed materials you can use to promote the Clinical Skills Competition on your campus:
Clinical Skills Competition Video
This video explains to students what the Clinical Skills Competition is and answers some of their questions about participating.
Use this template to write/type in the specifics of your local CSC competition then post them on campus or your virtual messaging board. Then use this file to print 8½ x 11 copies onsite.
(Template coming soon).
The ASHP Foundation has been sponsoring the National Clinical Skills Competition for over ten years.
Lexicomp Inc., a Wolters Kluwer Health division, has donated hardware and software in support of the Clinical Skills Competition.