2019 CSC Winners
1st Place: Mary "Catie" Cash and Sara Scott, University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy
2nd Place: Caleb Hammons and Nathan Fields, Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy
3rd Place: Brandon Garcia and Elaine Liu, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
2020 Prize Package
Winning Team Members from Each School
The winning team members from each participating college of pharmacy will receive a complimentary Midyear Clinical Meeting registration to compete at the national level competition held in New Orleans, December 5-6, 2020.
*We are actively planning for new models in the event that students are unable to attend the Midyear due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. More information will be shared later in the summer.
Top Ten Finalist Teams in the National Competition
Top ten finalist team members will each receive the following:
- iPad Mini device preloaded with a one-year subscription to Lexi-Complete™ with AHFS Essentials™;
- 1 ASHP Self-Assessment Resource;
- $25 Amazon gift card
1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams will be announced during the Midyear Clinical Meeting Opening Session on Monday Morning.
The winning team members each receive a $500 cash award, individual first place trophies, and a large first place trophy to take back to their school.
CSC Coordinator Resources
The coordinator handbook contains a timeline, important guidelines, and instructions for conducting your preliminary-round (school-level) competition.
- Form A (Deadline: July 25) - Identify Local Coordinator
- Form B (Deadline: Nov. 1) - Identify Local Winners attending MCM
- Coordinator Handbook
- Coordinator Handbook Summary
- Important Dates and Deadlines Checklist
- Promotional posters will be posted online in August.
CSC Participant Resources
The participant handbook contains useful information for participants.
- Student Handbook
- Student Handbook Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Trial of Lexi-Complete™ with AHFS Essentials™
One iPad mini device preloaded with Lexi-Complete™ with AHFS Essentials™ will be provided to each team for use during the semi-final round (national) competition!
ASHP solicits volunteer members to serve as official CSC Case Writers. If you are interested in submitting a case summary for consideration, please review the instructions for submission and submit using the link below.
- March 30 – Deadline to submit case summary for consideration
- April 3 – Case selections made and initial contact with case writers
- April 24 – First case draft due
- May 15 – Second case draft due
- June 10 – First case review call with national judging panel
- June 26 – Final case draft due
- July 17 – Second case review call with national judging panel
- July 31 – Finalize all case materials
*dates subject to vary slightly.
Use these past ASHP Clinical Skills Competition local and national cases to prepare for the competition.
ASHP Clinical Skills Competition Local Case and Answer Key
ASHP Clinical Skills Competition National Case and Answer Key
For your convenience, ASHP has designed materials you can use to promote the Clinical Skills Competition on your campus:
Clinical Skills Competition Video
This video explains to students what the Clinical Skills Competition is and answers some of their questions about participating.
11x17 color posters go to schools in ASHP’s fall student membership mailings shipped in August. Write in the specifics of your competition and post them on campus. Use this file to print 8½ x 11copies onsite.
The ASHP Foundation has been sponsoring the National Clinical Skills Competition for over ten years.
Lexicomp Inc., a Wolters Kluwer Health division, has donated hardware and software in support of the Clinical Skills Competition.