State Boards of Pharmacy Requirements for Licensure
Prepare for pharmacy licensure by accessing each state’s Board of Pharmacy website.
Personal Financial Management
As you prepare to leave school and embark on your career, understanding student loan repayment options and responsibilities may not be your first priority. Check out these resources to help you stay on track:
- ASHP Podcasts
- Addressing the Burden of Student Loan Debt: A Case-Based Review of Influencing Considerations (AJHP)
- Student Loan Debt Management 101
- Student Loan Strategy
- Simple Savings Calculator (Bankrate)
You’ve always been the student and now you’re the pharmacist. Here are the tools you need to develop your skills.
- ASHP Preceptor Toolkit
- Preceptors Playbook: Tactics, Techniques, and Strategies (online module series)
- Preceptor Development: Responses to Frequently Asked Questions from Preceptors in Academic Hospitals (AJHP)
Get Involved with the New Practitioners Forum
Don't forget to get involved with the New Practitioners Forum! The Forum offers new practitioners with practical career development tools and programs and provides numerous opportunities for professional growth. Make sure to update your contact information, renew your ASHP membership, and stay connected as a new practitioner.
Resources for Pharmacy Residents:
- Resident Rotation Guides
- HSPAL Resident Resources
- Journal Club Tools
- Sample Journal Club Presentation Template
- Sample Question Bank for Journal Club Facilitator
- Tips for Quick Literature Evaluation [infographic]
- Ask the Experts: Tips for Quickly Evaluating Literature (podcast)
- Best Practices for Preparing and Presenting a Journal Club (podcast)
- Journal Club 101 for the New Practitioner: Evaluation of a Clinical Trial (AJHP)
- Research Resources
- Layered Learning Model
- Additional Resident Resources
- Career Transitions & Advice when Transitioning from Student to New Practitioner (podcast)
- How to Design a Medication use Evaluation
- A Beginner’s Guide on How to Run a Meeting
- Writing meeting minutes for a pharmacy and therapeutics committee and its subcommittees (AJHP)
- Making the Transition from Pharmacy Student to Resident (AJHP)
- Tricky Transitions: Conversations on Resiliency for New Practitioners (AJHP)
- Personal Development Strategies for New Pharmacist Practitioners (webinar)
- How to Manage Time with 10 Tips that Work
Considering a PGY2 Residency?
The online directory includes the most current information on Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) and Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) pharmacy residency programs. Need more info? Head to the Residency section or view the Resident to New Practitioner resources.
Reach out to your state affiliate to see how you can take advantage of professional resources in your area. Many state affiliates offer local networking opportunities, career resources, volunteer opportunities, and much more!
ASHP Sections and Forums
ASHP’s Pharmacy Practice Sections are free membership communities that offer you the best way to communicate and interact with colleagues who share the same interests, issues, and challenges. You can add or change your Sections at any time based on your interests.