Pharmacists in C-Suites
The Pharmacists in C-Suites (PICS) is an initiative to represent pharmacist executives with expanded roles beyond the pharmacy enterprise. ASHP believes that hospital and health-system pharmacy leaders are well positioned to serve as highly-effective C-suite executives based on the education and training they receive. They are well versed in the growing clinical complexity of practice, the impact of pharmacy operations on enterprise-wide fiscal performance, the continued diversification of service lines, and the overall medication-use process in hospitals and health systems.
As the skills of hospital and health-system pharmacists become more widely recognized among healthcare leadership, we are seeing an increasing number of our members serving in high-level executive positions, including CEOs, COOs, and hospital presidents, along with vice presidents and executives of service lines outside of pharmacy.
PICS will provide a new membership home for these executives and focus on creating valuable connections and peer networking within the group. There will also be opportunities for current pharmacists in C-suite roles to mentor future leaders, stimulating pathways for advancement into executive and C-suite leadership positions in hospitals and health systems. Further, PICS participants will provide ongoing strategic advice to ASHP and our members on a broad array of important healthcare issues.
Pharmacy In C-Suites – PICS experiences include:
Participation in exchange of strategies through live and virtual formats
- Invitational events at ASHP national meetings
- Specialized education session at ASHP national meetings
- Virtual roundtables
Exclusive ASHP policy analyses and national practice survey results
- Analyses of trends impacting large health systems
- Strategic forecasting
Advocacy impacting large health systems
- Legislative, regulatory, and health policy analyses
- ASHP influence to impact change
- Strategic partnerships and collaborations
Participation in mentoring and networking of additional leadership panels
- Hospital and health system c-suite executives
- Pharmacists hospital and health system c-suite executives
- Pharmacists leading multiple service lines
- Pharmacy Executive Leadership Alliance members